file:///C:/Users/User/Searches/Documents/My%20Webs/alnewbh/images/minutespagepi.jpgMinutes of Meetings

Following Local Government protocol, the minutes of all  Parish Council meetings must be approved at the next meeting before they can be published.

After each meeting of the Parish Council,  the clerk or any councillor charged with specific responsibilities will take any necessary action and report back to the meeting

Anyone attending the meetings will be able to hear the minutes being discussed and reports of any matters that have arisen as a result of the Parish Councils earlier  actions or deliberations.

Once the minutes are agreed as a true record of the previous meeting,  the 'Clerk to the Parish Council is required to publish them.  Like the agenda, copies of the minutes are posted on notice boards around both villages and on this site.

The meetings are administered by the 'Clerk to the Parish Council  if you have any issues you wish to raise with the Parish Council please contact them via the clerk Julia Talbot.

 phone : 07715573470 or by email : The Parish Clerk

 

 

Barnburgh & Harlington Parish Council

Minutes of the Parish Council meeting held on the

 12th April 2017

in the Village Hall, Barnburgh.   

 

Present Councillors- J Llewellyn (Vice Chair), G. Heptinstall, C.White, W.Roper,L.Richards

Parish Clerk- J Talbot

Ward Councillors-0

Members of the Public-3

Public participation

Concerns were raised on agenda items  

052/04/17-Chairman’s reminder of the Council’s expectations for the audio or visual recording of the meeting. 

053/04/17 - Apologies for absence

Cllr T Heptinstall.

Apologies accepted by the Parish Council. 

054/04/17– Declarations of pecuniary, non-pecuniary, personal and prejudicial interest

BHCLA-Cllr Llewellyn,Cllr Richards. 

055/04/17 – Exclusions

Agenda item 11

056/04/17 – Previous Meeting

The minutes of the meeting held on Wednesday 8th March 2017 were agreed as a true record and duly signed by the Chair.

057/04/17-To receive information on the following ongoing issues matters and decide further action where necessary.

a. To receive an update on investigations into obtaining a large sign to put down Mill Lane to warn people against and agree any action .This matter is ongoing, The clerk to contact inspector Jones to arrange a meeting.

b. To receive details from the SYP Crime and Incident Report.

No crime report has been received. 

c. To receive an update on the current situation with regard to HS2 and agree any action. Cllr White updated the meeting on the letter received from Hs2 regarding Hs2 carrying out inspections of footpaths and wood lands.

d. To receive any information on investigations into ownership of land behind Cambridge Close and agree any action -; Ward Cllr Ransome to continue to liaise with DMBC regarding this matter.Cllr Ransome not in attendance.

e. Restoration of Recreation Ground – The MUGA is now complete, and toddler area is now complete and signed off 30th March 2017.The WREN grant final claim has been completed. Clerk to update the meeting.

Sutcliffe play invoice: The parish Council will pay them directly when the invoice is received. This invoice has not been received as yet.

VICA SL has not confirmed whether RoSPA has been instructed to carry out the post inspection. The Clerk will continue to chase this as it was included in the quote costing. Consideration was made to add litter bins in the new areas and the older play area.

Cllr G Heptinstall to investigate further. The emptying of these bins would be added to the ground maintenance contract.

f. To receive a progress report on the Cemetery Wall and decide action required  

A nuisance claim for the cemetery wall has been served on the Parish Council to rebuild the wall needs a respond to the letter by 13th April to confirm when the work on the wall will commence, the clerk has already sent the requested information (Survey) The clerk has approached all quotes presented last year and only one was available to confirm a commencement date. The builder has said this may differ slightly because of the cost of stone but not more than a few hundred pounds. It was resolved to proceed with the quote and confirm work can start next Tuesday clearing the stone and preparing the wall. Then await further direction from the solicitor on a commencement date to rebuild the wall.

g. To receive an update on the Hollow gate speed Limit .Cllr White updated the meeting on the progress. A speed reduction could be considered, the police contact has been on leave Cllr White will chase once they return.

h.To receive an update from The Joint Rural Parishes Committee.-Cllr White.

Agenda items raised at the meeting were fly tipping in the area, moto planning application; the JRP requested the Parish Councils view on the application. Concerns were raised regarding excess litter it may generate in the area and an increase in traffic. Ownership of the Craggs was discussed due to the fly tipping in this area, clerk to confirm at the next meeting      

i. To consider the Annual report and take action where required. It was agreed that the annual report would be added to the next Grapevine within the magazine.

j.To receive an update on the sign at the end of Cambridge Close.

This sign has not been repaired, Ward Cllr Ransome to action as it has been reported.

k. To receive an update regarding the footpath at the end of Stable Lane.

It was agreed for Cllr White to contact DMBC regarding the matter and it could be removed from the agenda to be actioned by DMBC due to ownership of this area.

 

 058/04/17. To receive information relating to the Allotments

 a.To consider funding options to fund improvement work on the allotments.

The clerk presented funding options for the work that is required on the allotments, costing for the work would be required to establish the amount of funding required. Clerk to check the guidance notes for further information.

 b.To receive information relating to the waiting list.

Clerk updated the meeting on the recent waiting list enquiry.

 

059/04/17. To receive an update on the Casual Vacancy on the Parish Council

 The Clerk presented information relating to a recent application, information to be forwarded to all and discussed at the next meeting. 

060/04/17.  To receive information relating to skips used for the cemetery.

A new skip company has been used for the burials this month, the clerk proposed to continue using this company in the future. All agreed.

061/04/17. To consider information relating to the weed killer purchased by the Parish Council and agree action. The weed killer that the Parish Council purchased could be out of date, Cllr T Heptinstall to investigate further and report to the meeting.

 

062/04/17.Employment Matters

a.To consider a request for a salary review.

The gardener /handyman has requested a wage increase, the Clerk presented the figures.

It was resolved to carry out a review by the Clerk, Cllr T Heptinstall and Cllr Roper and report to the next meeting.

 

063/04/17.To receive information from the Carnival Committee meeting 10th April and take action as required.

The clerk and Cllr G Heptinstall attended the carnival meeting on Monday 10th April.

Proposed to the carnival committee was to have the opening ceremony for the recreation ground project prior to the carnival, this was agreed to start at 12.30pm,to be consider is the advertising of the event to the community /press and media. To consider a name and plaque in David’s name for the new play area. It was resolved to name to area Packham park and all agreed to approach the family to open the event. Cllr White to liaise with the press and The Clerk to obtain quotes for the plaque.

The Barnburgh and Harlington website now has Judith Whites contact details.

The clerk handed over the keys for the recreation ground barrier for the day.

The Clerk to liaise with Judith White regarding invoices, receipts and the money on the day will be collected by John Luty and the clerk will meet and count the takings to be paid into the bank. It was resolved to continue with overseeing the money for the carnival.

064/04/17. To consider and decide upon the following planning applications:

No new applications noted.

 

065/04/17. To receive the following planning decisions/information.

·        16/03042/FUL-Extensions and alterations including first floor extension to side, oak framed porch to front, oak framed garden shelter to rear, replacement garage door, creation of stone planter to front and alterations to external openings(part retrospective)

            10, Doncaster Road, Barnburgh. Granted

·        17/00448/FUL-Erection of 4 bedroom detached house following the demolition of existing dwelling/Draft-White Gates, Stables lane Barnburgh. Awaiting Decision

066/04/17.To consider matters as requested by Councillors

a. To consider the updating of the website-Cllr White requested to update the website. All agreed.

b. To consider information from the Parish Councils Joint Consultative Committee.Cllr White.

Cllr white attended the meeting and matters on the agenda were a new order about dog fouling. All agreed to add to face book to information residents.

c. Cllr White raised concerns on Parish matters:-the ginnel at Scott Avenue,which has been reported to DMBC,pot holes at Cambridge Close and the Barnburgh sign coming into the parish From Goldthorpe been reported to Ward Cllr Ransome.

d. Consideration was made regarding the adoption of flower planters.

 

 

 

 

 

067/04/17. Financial Matters

a.To approve the following accounts for payment

 

Cheques/electronic  Authorised Payments

 

Cheque number/

Electronic payment

Payee

Amount(incVAT)

VAT

1.

Clerks Salary

Bp

Julia Talbot

£578.84

 

2.

Clerks Expenses

Bp

Julia Talbot

£66.05

 

3.

Gardener/handy man/salary

Bp

George Gill

£286.60

 

4.

PAYE

Cq 101446

HMRC

£26.40

 

5.

SYPA

Cq 101447

SYPA

£212.82

 

6.

Skip for Burial

BP

Rapid Skips

£84.00

£14.00

7.

Grant of exclusive right of Burial book

Cq101448

Shaw & Sons

Ltd

£117.88

£19.65

8.

YLCA Membership

Cq101449

YLCA

£535.00

 

9.

Recreation Ground /MUGA

Cq101501

VICA SL

£12,752.76

£2,125.46

10.

Trimming Conifers in Barnburgh cemetery

Cq101450

K D Merriman

£100.00

 

11.

Yorkshire Water/allotments

Cq101451

Yorkshire Water

£73.02

£10.79

12.

Grounds Maintenance

BP

DMBC

£178.08

£29.68

13.

Grounds Maintenance

BP

DMBC

£152.76

£25.46

14.

Toddler Area play equipment

Cq101452

Sutcliffe Play

£10,628.16

£1,771.36

 

Electric

DD

Scottish Power.

 

£69.00

 

 

Total Payments for April  2017

 

 

 

 

£25,851.37

 

£3,996.40

 

 

 

A payment to Sutcliffe play of £10,628.16 for the toddler’s area play equipment has been added to the payment schedule.

Bank Reconciliation

Balances brought forward from 31st March 2017

 Community Account                               £67,525.96

                              Total payments           £37,775.00                                                                                                    

                             Total   Receipts           £74,400.18                                                                                   

                              New Total B/f           £30,900.78

Total Payments    April     2017           - £25,851.37  

 

Unpresented cheques        - £503.33

Account Totals

Community Account                            £30,900.78

Deposit account/reserves                     £ 14,000.16                                             

Carnival account                                  £ 1,712.30    

Total                                                   £46,613.24

 

 

068/04/17. To consider the following new correspondence received and decide action where necessary.

The Clerk presented correspondence received in addition information, forwarded to all Parish Councillors prior to the meeting.

·         DMBC rights of way officer-Barnburgh tip bridleway dedication.-concerns were raised about the width of the pathway for horses and pedestrians.

·          

069/04/17. To propose any matters for inclusion on the agenda of the next meeting and agree deadline for notifying Clerk of additional items.

The deadline for agenda items from Councillors is 4th May 2017.

 

070/04/17. To confirm the date of the next meeting as Wednesday 10th May 2017

at 7.00 pm.This will be the Annual meeting of the Parish Council.