Barnburgh & Harlington Parish Council

 

Minutes of the Parish Council meeting held on the Wednesday 8th August 2017, in the Village Hall, Barnburgh.

 

Present Councillors-T Heptinstall (Chair), G. Heptinstall, A. Pick, W.Roper, L.Richards,

J.LLewellyn, K.Wright.

Parish Clerk- J Talbot

Ward Councillors-Cllr Ransome.

Members of the Public-0

 

Public participation

None were present.

 

131/08/17-Chairman’s reminder of the Council’s expectations for the audio or visual recording of the meeting.

 

132/08/17 - Apologies for absence

No Apologies.

 

133/08/17– Declarations of pecuniary, non-pecuniary, personal and prejudicial interest.

Cllr T Heptinstall (Finance)Cllr G Heptinstall(Finance)Cllr Roper (Planning)

 

134/08/17 – Exclusions

None were noted.

 

135/08/17 – Previous Meeting

The minutes of the meeting held on Wednesday 12th July were agreed as a true record and duly signed by the Chair.

 

136/08/17-To receive information on the following ongoing issues matters and decide further action where necessary.

a.To receive details from the SYP Crime and Incident Report.

1x fire arms inc (male with a gun in Farmers field)
1x Vehicle nuisance (vehicle causing an obstruction)
2x Theft of Motor vehicles (St Margaret’s)

b. To receive any information on investigations into ownership of land behind Cambridge Close and agree any action - Ongoing matter, Ward Cllr Ransome and Parish Cllr T Heptinstall to continue to liaise with DMBC regarding this matter.DMBC have confirmed that they will not stop maintaining this area.

c.To consider action relating to the container at the recreation ground.-Cllr Llewellyn  had inspected the cabin and All agreed to re present the cheque for payment.

d. To receive information on signs for the recreation ground.-.The Clerk confirmed an example sign had been purchased, further research required, Clerk to contact DMBC.

e. To receive a progress report on the Cemetery Wall and decide action required The Chair requested the final costs for the wall. The work on the wall is now commencing.

Estimated Total costs of the Cemetery Wall Email sent to all 27/7/17

Survey £390 this was carried out just after the wall fell down.(VAT claimed back in 2016/17)
Quote for rebuilding of the wall
£4,700 plus £940 VAT
Extra cost of rebuilding due to extra foundation.
£1,550 plus VAT £310
We also have the cost of serving the party wall notice ,which was
£780 plus £156 VAT
 Total costs:-£8,826

VAT reclaim of £1,406
The Parish Council borrowed an extra £5,000 for the cemetery wall when we did the loan for the recreation ground.
f.To consider information from DMBC under the Freedom of Information Act relating to the cemetery wall and agree any action.Cllr T Heptinstall

The Chair updated the meeting of the FOI letter from DMBC and the explanation of the allocation of the responsibility of the wall. All agreed to send a letter of response. Chair to send a draft copy to all.

g. To consider memorial requests for the cemetery and agree action. –The Clerk updated the meeting on the recent memorial requests, further information requested from the family. Considered was a cemetery Policy, Clerk to research further and report to the next meeting.

h. To receive a report on the Hs2 committee meeting 25.7.17 Cllr Pick summarised the meeting and a report was sent to all. Further actions discussed. Next meeting 5/9/17

i. To receive information relating to the Christmas Lights repairs and agree action-The Clerk present research information on other companies that provide Christmas light services. All agreed to repair the lights with Christmas Plus as per quote.

j. To receive information relating to the carnival Committee and agree action.-The next meeting for the carnival committee will be 18/9/17.Final figures added to the grapevine .The Clerk confirmed she has received a paying in book for the carnival account and will pay the takings into the account now. The financial arrangements discussed and considered. Concerns raised regarding a committee member. All agreed further information required.

k.To consider the future of the website.

Cllr Pick demonstrated an example of a new website for the Parish Council so all the information required could be added with different section for all Parish Council business.Cllr Pick will add information and present to Councillors.

l. To receive information relating to the Craggs management-The Clerk has contacted Halifax Estates regarding the ownership of the Craggs,a detailed map was sent and presented to the Parish Councillors. Key contact now established for further correspondence.

m. To consider the re-vanishing of the benches in the Parish and agree action-A resident (former Cllr Taylor) has started to re- vanish the benches, also considered was the benches in the cemetery. All agreed it would be the family that would be responsible for the up keep of these benches, Clerk to investigate further and this will need to be added to the future cemetery policy.

n. To consider hedge cutting on Barnburgh Lane and Church lane-The allotment hedge on Barnburgh Lane has now been cut, the invoice presented in finance. The hedge at Church Lane has been reported to DMBC.

o. To consider an interment request of ashes in the cemetery and agree action.-Request for an ashes plot considered. All agreed to the request and the area presented. The Clerk to investigate the two further ashes plots in this area and report to the next meeting. All agreed that cemetery information to be sent to all

 

 

 

 

 

 137/08/17. Financial Matters

To approve accounts for payment:-

 

Cheques/electronic  Authorised Payments

 

Cheque number/

Electronic payment

Payee

Amount

VAT

1.

Clerks Salary

Bp

Julia Talbot

£589.84

 

2.

Clerks Expenses

Bp

Julia Talbot

£67.85

 

3.

Gardener/handy man/salary

Bp

George Gill

£298.36

 

4.

PAYE

Cq 101472

HMRC

£14.00

 

5.

SYPA

Cq 101473

SYPA

£123.18

 

6.

Val Jones/Carnival /Marquee

Cq101474

V.Jones

£100.00

 

7.

Grapevine delivery

BP

R.Wilkinson

£30.00

 

8.

Weedkiller

Cq101476

PTE

£54.00

£9.00

9.

Councillor Training

Cq101477

YLCA

£45.00

 

10.

Data protection register

Cq101478

Information Commissioner

£35.00

 

11.

Allotment hedge cutting

BP

BHF landscapes Ltd

£200.00

 

12.

Grounds maintenance contract

Cq101475

DMBC

£1,164.47

£194.08

*13.

Recreation ground cabin repair

Cq101480

Manor Farm Engineering

£420.00

 

14.

Book /meetings

BP

SLCC

£10.71

 

 

Electric

DD

Scottish Power.

 

£20.00

 

 

Total Payments for August 2017

 

 

 

 

£3,172.41

 

 

 

*Cheque re wrote due to time elapsed since last presented to the Parish Council 8/2/17

*Cheque No. 101479 Void

Bank Reconciliation

Balances brought forward from 31st July 2017

 Community Account                               £35,925.99

                              Total payments           £5,526.13                                                                                                  

                             Total   Receipts           £1,365.00                                                                                 

                              New Total                 £31,764.86

Total Payments August  2017           -  £3,172.41

 

Unpresented cheques        - £83.00

Account Totals

 

Community Account                            £31,764.86

 

 

Deposit account/reserves                     £ 14,001.58                                            

Carnival account                                  £ 1,712.87    

 Total                                                   £15,714.45

 

138/08/17. To receive an update on the Casual Vacancy on the Parish Council.

The Parish Council welcomed Cllr Wright as the new Parish Councillor. Declaration of office and declarations interest were signed, all paper work received and completed.

 

139/08/17. To receive an update the on tree felling quotes for the cemetery and the green. The work has been completed and inspected by the Chair a good job has been completed. No invoice has been received.

 

140/08/17. To receive information on the youth shelter-Cllr Roper.

Cllr Roper update the meeting, this is an ongoing matter.

 

 

141/08/17. To consider and decide upon the following planning applications.

·      17/01909/FUL-14, Hickleton Road, Barnburgh. Doncaster DN5 7EH-Erection of single storey front and side wrap around extension and erection of single storey rear extension following demolition of existing rear and side extensions.No Objection noted.

 

142/08/17. To receive the following planning decisions/information.

·        17/01472/FUL-Hamar,Doncaster Road,Barnburgh-Erection of a single storey extension to front elevation as well as enlargement of and alterations to the existing garage. Awaiting decision

·        17/01766/FUL-11, Barnburgh lane, Barnburgh .Doncaster DN5 7HN-Erection of single storey rear extension and 2 storey side extension. Awaiting decision

·        17/01122/LBC-Plane Tree Farm-High Street Barnburgh, Listed building consent for proposed re roofing to the barn. Awaiting Decision

·        17/01189/FUL-5,Doncaster Road,Barnburgh,Proposed enlargement of windows to rear, proposed cellar tanking and conversion with improved lightwells,internal upgrade and new provision of off street parking and turning head/non access driveway to rear gardens following demolition of stone wall. Awaiting Decision

 

143/08/17.To consider matters as requested by Councillors

·        Trees in the cemetery, consideration to  crown-Cllr Llewellyn

Chair to inspect the cemetery and report to the next meeting.

·        Cllr Llewellyn informed the meeting he had contact DMBC regarding over grown hedges in an empty property.

 

144/08/17. To consider the following new correspondence received and decide action where necessary.

The Clerk presented correspondence received in addition information, forwarded to all Parish Councillors prior to the meeting.

·        Built and Natural Environment team DMBC-updated required

·        YLCA-New finance and transparency guidance booklet. Electronic copy sent to all

·        Resident-Protecting St Helen’s Chapel and Barnburgh Cliffs. All agreed to forward to the Hs2 Committee.

·        Martin Nowacki Ecologist Planner/DMBC-Bat Surveys-All agreed to the proposed Bat surveys at the Craggs.

 

145/08/17. To propose any minor matters for inclusion on the agenda of the next meeting and agree deadline for notifying Clerk of additional items.

·        Grapevine now complete and proof copies sent to all.

·        Tour de Yorkshire Banner was discussed all agreed it could be stored in the garage/Village store.

·        Data protection reform/add to the next agenda for information.

The deadline for agenda items from Councillors is 7th September. 2017.

 

146/08/17. To confirm the date of the next meeting as Wednesday 13th September 2017

at 7.00 pm