Barnburgh & Harlington Parish Council

 

Minutes of the Parish Council meeting held on the Wednesday 13th July   2016, in the Village Hall, Barnburgh. 

 

Present Councillors- J Scott (Chair), J Llewellyn, G Taylor, G Heptinstall,

L Richards,C White.

Parish Clerk- J Talbot

Ward Councillors- Cllr C Ransome

Members of the Public-12

 

125/07/16 - Apologies for absence

No apologies received.

 

126/07/16 – Declarations of pecuniary, non-pecuniary, personal and prejudicial interest

Cllr Heptinstall (Casual vacancy applicant)

 

127/07/16 – Exclusions

Agenda Items 12 and 14.

 

128/07/16 – Previous Meeting

The minutes of the meeting held on Wednesday 8th June 2016 were agreed as a true record and duly signed by the Chair. 

 

129/07/16 – Public participation

Twelve members of the public attended to raise concerns regarding the proposed Hs2 line. Ward Cllr Ransome discussed the matter with the members of public present in a separate room.

 

130/07/16-Planning Applications and other planning issues.

·        16/01582/FUL-45, Doncaster Road, Harlington DN5 7JB-Removal of 2no sheds and greenhouse and removal of existing tree. Erect new detached garage. No objections noted

·        16/01503/FUL-25 Hollowgate, Barnburgh, Erection of detached out building. Objection to application, Clerk to send a letter to planning.

 

131/07/16 – Clerks Report

from PWLB.Should the contingency not be used, it will be used to re build the cemetery wall.

 

132/07/16 – Issues raised with the Ward Councillors, Neighbourhood Manager and Community Constable Garage Bases at Doncaster Road

·        An email has been sent regarding the adoption of the garage bases as a community space to DMBC, as yet there has been no correspondence regarding this matter. Cllr Scott presented information relating to this, DMBC or the PC do not own the land, DMBC suggested adding a notice to seek ownership of the land. All agreed that this has been previously carried out and no came forward to claim the land.

Resolution: - To write to the contact at DMBC to confirm that the parish Council are to adopt it into a community space.

·        It was noted at the last meeting that the street sign at Hollowgate has been removed and the Barnburgh sign coming from Goldthorpe needs replacing as it is in bad condition.

 

133/07/16 - Correspondence received.

·         YLCA-updating of details of the Parish Council-Completed

·         YLCA-Invitation to attend the joint annual meeting of YLCA.

·         Resident-Emptying of bins in the recreation ground. (Item 2 clerks report.)

·         DMBC-Dog fouling control-public space protection order consultation. (invites councillors to contribute to the consultation notice attached)Members to consider.

·         YLCA-Media release chief constable publishes report on south Yorkshire police

·         Resident –Request to remove a bollard on Belvoir Ave.The Clerk liaised with Cllr Richards to establish ownership of the bollard.

·         YLCA-updated edition of being a good employer for town and parish councils.

·         Doncaster protection officer for pubs CAMRA-Information relating to the Coach and Horses.

·         YLCA-Policing of remembrance day parades

·         Frances Hooper-TdY decorations.

 

134/07/16 – Restoration of the Church Lane Recreation Ground.

The details of the WREN funding were discussed, meeting of the recreation steering group needs to be arranged to work towards completion of actions from WREN. Further Information to be presented at the next meeting.

 

135/07/16-Cemetery Wall.

The clerk presented information relating to the Cemetery Wall and the progress of the quotes. The quotes need to take into account removal of the wall and rebuilding of a boundary structure.

 

 

 

136/07/16-Employment Matter

Information relating to the training for the gardener was discussed, it is advised that the gardener needs PA1 and PA6 to spray pesticides in public areas. The clerk has information from a training company providing the course in Holmfirth.Cllr Llewellyn suggested contacting DMBC to gain information in regards to their training of employees.

The gardeners job description was discussed and the removal of floral tributes. The Clerk to contact gardener to discuss further.

137/07/16-To consider Hs2 proposals.

Ward Cllr Ransome to arrange a meeting in the parish to discuss the proposed Hs2 with representatives from Hs2 to attend.Cllr Ransome to liaise with parish Councillors to arrange advertising and suitable venues. Two further meetings in Mexborough are to take place prior to the Parish meeting.

 

138/07/16-Casual Vacancies on the parish Council        

The successful applicant Claire White, completed declaration of office and declaration of interests and was welcomed to the Parish Council.

A further vacancy was discussed and the applicants considered.

Resolution –A further applicant T.Heptinstall was appointed, the clerk to prepare paperwork for the next parish Council meeting.

 

139/07/16-Key Holders

Cllr Richards sent an e mail out to add key holders to the agenda; other groups requested information on key holders. The Clerk and Cllr Llewellyn hold keys for the Parish Council.

 

140/07/16-Internal/External Audit 2015/16.

Action points on the internal audit was discussed, the carnival funds were raised to whether the Parish Clerk was to be in control of these. Different options considered. The carnival committee is to be informed of these considerations.

Clerk to put together an action plan to work through points for improvement.

The external auditor has contacted the Clerk to request further information; this has been sent to the auditor. Awaiting a response.

 

141/07/16-Quarterly health and safety inspection of the parish.

The clerk presented information relating to the quarterly health and safety inspection. All matters of concerns have been reported. These include the emptying of litter bins in the recreation ground and fly tipping at the wood lands entrance.

 

142/07/16-Quarterly Internal Financial controls

Cllr Heptinstall and Richards to inspect accounts presented by the clerk for inspection.

 

143/07/16 - Accounts for payment

Cheques were presented and signed (cheque number 398-403) and electronic payments authorised to the value of £2,059.11

Receipts

A donation of £50.00 has been received for the use of the table and chairs.

 

 

 

144/07/16 – Bank reconciliation

The clerk presented the paperwork for approval up to Wednesday 8th June 2016; it was agreed and signed by Members present.

The Clerk presented this month’s bank statement for Councillors to sign and approve.

 

145/07/16 – Next Meeting

It was agreed that the next ordinary meeting of the Parish Council would be held on Wednesday 10th August 2016 in the Village Hall, Barnburgh.

 

146/07/16-To consider any minor matters and items for the next agenda

·        Consideration to add a dog bin to the field at North End Drive.

·        The field at North End drive has not been cut.

·        Speed of traffic down Hollowgate, Cllr Heptinstall to email DMBC to raise the matter.