Barnburgh & Harlington Parish Council

 

Minutes of the Parish Council meeting held on the Wednesday 14th June 2017, in the Village Hall, Barnburgh.

 

Present Councillors-T Heptinstall J Llewellyn, G. Heptinstall, W.Roper, L.Richards

Parish Clerk- J Talbot

Ward Councillors-0

Members of the Public-1

Invited applicants for Casual vacancy on the Parish Council.2

 

Public participation

A resident attended to raised concerns about a planning application.

 

095/06/17-Chairman’s reminder of the Council’s expectations for the audio or visual recording of the meeting.

 

096/06/17 - Apologies for absence

Ward Cllr Ransome, apologies accepted by the Parish Council

 

097/06/17– Declarations of pecuniary, non-pecuniary, personal and prejudicial interest.

None were noted.

 

098/06/17 – Exclusions

Agenda item 11

 

099/06/17 – Previous Meeting

The minutes of the meeting held on Wednesday 10th May and the extra ordinary meeting 24th May 2017 were agreed as a true record and duly signed by the Chair.

Cllr Roper raised that both the toilets at the village hall were to be refurbished not just the gents as recorded in the minutes for the Annual Parish Council 24/5/27

 

100/06/17-To receive information on the following ongoing issues matters and decide further action where necessary.

a. To receive details from the SYP Crime and Incident Report.

 2x Theft from motor vehicle, Doncaster road / High street.
1x vehicle nuisance, Quad bikes Riding in the River.

b. To receive any information on investigations into ownership of land behind Cambridge Close and agree any action - Ongoing matter, Ward Cllr Ransome and Parish Cllr T Heptinstall to continue to liaise with DMBC regarding this matter.DMBC have confirmed that they will not stop maintaining this area.

c. Restoration of Recreation Ground - The opening ceremony for the MUGA and toddler area took place on 10th June prior to the carnival opening. All went well and there was a good attendance.The Park was named ‘Packham Park’ to in a tribute to David Packham.

Signage for the play area discussed, it was agreed to contact DMBC to establish wording for the signs and the different play areas. Liability signs and no dog/allowed/ fouling signs. Further stencil markings to be added around these areas.

The new bins need to be added to the grounds maintenance contact to be emptied.

The clerk confirmed that the post RoSPA inspection has been booked and will take place next week. This will then be added to the annual inspection in September. The Clerk has ordered the work to be carried out on the entrapment matter on the toddler gate by DMBC.

d.To consider action relating to the container at the recreation ground.-Cllr Llewellyn had a meeting with the contractor, he has confirmed he will complete the work. Once complete an inspection will be carried out and the cheque released.

e. To receive a progress report on the Cemetery Wall and decide action required The Clerk presented information relating to the meeting with the surveyor, the options were considered and agreed upon. It was resolved to instruct the party wall surveyor to serve the party wall act notice under section one/sub section 6.All agreed to continue with the FOI act to DMBC to try and establish the boundary decisions for the cemetery wall.

f.To consider adding of a notice board in the cemetery and agree action. Consider was to add a notice board to inform families of the cemetery policy and to keep them updated of changes. The clerk to obtain quotes to be considered at the next meeting.

g. To consider memorial requests for the cemetery and agree action. The clerk presented memorial requests including a headstone and a bench request from two residents.

The residents to be contact to see if they wish to share the cost of a bench, the clerk to update the Parish Council at the next meeting.

h.To appoint a representative for The Joint Rural Parishes Committee

The chair agreed to attend the meeting if he was available.

i.To agree action relating to the Christmas Lights. Quotes for the work to be obtained from other companies to compare costs.

j.To receive information relating to the carnival Committee and agree action.

The clerk informed the meeting that no financial figures have been received from the carnival committee as they are still awaiting payments.

k.To consider the future of the website and face book page.

Policy documents have been updated, consideration was made into having a Parish Council website. Further research required.

 

 101/06/17. Financial Matters

To approve accounts for payment:-

 

Cheques/electronic  Authorised Payments

 

Cheque number/

Electronic payment

Payee

Amount

1.

Clerks Salary

Bp

Julia Talbot

£589.84

2.

Clerks Expenses

Bp

Julia Talbot

£108.35

3.

Gardener/handy man/salary

Bp

George Gill

£322.72

 

Gardener/handy man/expenses

BP

George Gill

£10.00

4.

PAYE

Cq 10159

HMRC

£14.00

5.

SYPA

Cq 10160

SYPA

£34.32

6.

Internal Auditor

Cq10161

D.Brown

 £189.95

7.

Plaque for opening of Recreation ground(Eden Engravers)

Bp

J.Talbot

£208.31

8.

Skip for burial

 

Rapid Skips

£84.00

9.

Stationery

Bp

Viking direct

£150.76

10.

Printer ink/envelopes

BP

Viking direct

£42.55

11.

Parish Insurance.

BP

Aon

£620.97

12.

Grapevine production

BP

R.Graham

£60.00

13.

Printing grapevine & Opening ceremony invites

BP

Brailsford Print

£251.90

14.

Land registry

Bp

J.Talbot

£6.00

15.

Opening ceremony posters

BP

Brailsford Print

£28.10

16.

Maintenance of lighting column at Hall Lane

Cq10162

DMBC

£45.00

 

Electric

DD

Scottish Power.

 

£20.00

 

Total Payments for June  2017

 

 

 

£2,786.77

 

To consider information relating to SYPA employer contribution-The clerk informed the meeting of the recent changes to the employer pension payments they have decreased to 14.20%.

 

102/06/17. To receive information on parish Councillors resignation and agree action.

The recent resignations were discussed.

 

103/06/17. To receive an update on the Casual Vacancy on the Parish Council

 There are now two vacancies with two new applications ongoing, both applicants were invited to the meeting.

 

104/06/17. To receive information relating to the Allotments.

The clerk informed the meeting that a letter had been received from a plot holder raising concerns about the new tenancy agreement relating to boundary maintenance. The tenancy agreement has not been changed and tenants are to maintain their own boundaries. The Clerk has sent the tenant a letter to confirm this.

No further progress has taken place regarding the measuring of the allotments to obtain a quote to consider funding to deal with boundaries and drainage issues.Cllr T Heptinstall to carry out the measures.

 

105/06/17. To dissolve the BHCLA committee.

It was resolve to dissolve the BHCLA committee.

 

106/06/17. To consider the formal object to the Barnburgh tip bridleway.

All agreed for the formal objection to remain in place.

 

107/06/17. To consider the internal auditors report and agree action.

Considered were the recommendations of the internal auditor, the Clerk to prepare an action plan to deal with actions.

 

108/06/17. To consider and decide upon the following planning applications:

·        17/01185/FUL-Willowdene, Church lane Harlington, erection of dwelling to the rear of Willowdene.Concerns raised regarding the grassed area and it being used for parking.

·        17/01122/LBC-Plane Tree Farm-High Street Barnburgh, Listed building consent for proposed re roofing to the barn. No Objections noted

·        17/01189/FUL-5,Doncaster Road,Barnburgh,Proposed enlargement of windows to rear, proposed cellar tanking and conversion with improved lightwells,internal upgrade and new provision of off street parking and turning head/non access driveway to rear gardens following demolition of stone wall. No Objections noted

 

 

109/06/17. To receive the following planning decisions/information.

No decisions were noted.

 

110/06/17.To consider matters as requested by Councillors

·        The hedges in the cemetery need cutting, the Clerk to inform the gardener.

·        Trees in the cemetery pushing the wall over and lime trees on the green need dead wood removing.

 

111/06/17. To consider the following new correspondence received and decide action where necessary.

The Clerk presented correspondence received in addition information, forwarded to all Parish Councillors prior to the meeting. Inspector Jones sent a contact form for the police; this has been added to the website and face book.

 

112/06/17. To propose any minor matters for inclusion on the agenda of the next meeting and agree deadline for notifying Clerk of additional items.

·        Cllr Roper raised that a youth shelter was available to purchase for the recreation ground, to be added to the next agenda for further information.

·        Concerns raised about the footpaths in the Parish, discussed was the DMBC my app to report footpaths in the area.

The deadline for agenda items from Councillors is 5th July 2017.

 

113/06/17. To confirm the date of the next meeting as Wednesday 12th July 2017

at 7.00 pm.

 

Meeting end 9.25pm