Barnburgh & Harlington Parish Council

 

Minutes of the Parish Council meeting held on the Wednesday 8th February 2017, in the Village Hall, Barnburgh.

 

Present Councillors- T. Heptinstall (Chair), G. Heptinstall, C.White, L.Richards,

W.Roper.

Parish Clerk- J Talbot

Ward Councillors-Cllr Ransome

Members of the Public-2

Public participation

 

019/02/17-Chairman’s reminder of the Council’s expectations for the audio or visual recording of the meeting.

 

020/02/17 - Apologies for absence

Cllr J. Llewellyn

Apologies accepted by the Parish Council.

 

021/02/17– Declarations of pecuniary, non-pecuniary, personal and prejudicial interest

Cllr White-Member of the Joint Rural Parishes Committee/Hs2 committee.

 

022/02/17 – Exclusions

None were noted

 

023/02/17 – Previous Meeting

The minutes of the meeting held on Wednesday 11th January 2017 were agreed as a true record and duly signed by the Chair

 

024/02/17-To receive information on the following ongoing issues matters and decide further action where necessary.

 

a. To receive a report on the obtaining of stencils to mark the pavement along Church lane and agree any action – .Cllr T Heptinstall informed the meeting a photo of the stencil design is required before they can be ordered, Cllr Heptinstall to contact DMBC to obtain this.

b. To receive an update on investigations into obtaining a large sign to put down Mill Lane to warn people against and agree any action .Cllr T Heptinstall informed the meeting of contact with DMBC, it was noted that signage could take up to 4-6 week to be created.

c. To receive details from the SYP Crime and Incident Report 

           Crime figures for the       month 8/1/2017 – 8/2/2017


               
1x OPL driver

         2x attempt Burglary other

         2x Theft from Motor vehicle

          3x nuisance vehicles

 

d. To receive an update on the current situation with regard to HS2 and agree any action. Cllr White updated the meeting on Hs2, the progress of consultation forms, drop in sessions have been carried out in the Parish to help residents to fill in the forms.Cllr White has presented information relating to Hs2 to various community groups in the Parish. A meeting with the Hs2 engagement team to raise questions presented.

Ed Millerband lobbied in parliament, an article has been added to the grape vine, and an event at the Pastures hotel Mexborough will present a sound booth of the noise levels.

The Joint Rural Parishes Committee have submitted a consultation form as a body, Cllr White proposed that the parish Council filled in a form also. All agreed for Cllr White to complete and submit.

e. To receive any information on investigations into ownership of land behind Cambridge Close and agree any action - Cllr T Heptinstall reported that DMBC had reported the area as a green open space, designated public land. Half of the land is owned by the developer and half by DMBC who have no legal obligation to adopt the land although they do maintain the whole area.Cllr Ransome to approach DMBC to consider the different options available.

f. Restoration of Recreation Ground Clerk

The toddler play equipment has been ordered from Sutcliffe play at a cost of £8856.80    plus VAT an order acknowledgement has been received. The work on the MUGA is nearly complete. The WREN funding needs to be claimed by 27/4/17 which will be 12 months after the commitment date.

g. To receive a progress report on the Cemetery Wall and decide action required -Cllr T Heptinstall/Clerk attended a meeting with the solicitors, the meeting was updated on the outcome, it was resolved to accept that the boundary is not the responsibility of the other parties involved. Clerk to send letter to confirm this. All agreed that the historical deeds need to be located to establish conditions on maintenance of the boundary. Cllr Heptinstall and the Clerk to attend the archive service in Wakefield and update the meeting on findings.

h. To receive information relating to the solicitors and the cemetery.

The clerk informed the meeting that the solicitors require a resolution to add the deeds back to the solicitors and to name Parish Councillor T Heptinstall and The Parish Clerk Julia Talbot as key contacts to release the documents.

It was resolved to add the documents at Hattersleys Solicitor Mexborough and agree the named contacts as Cllr T Heptinstall and the Parish Clerk.

i. To receive information about the raffle licence for the carnival committee. 

Cllr Roper. Further investigation required.

j. To consider the area across from the Village Hall on the building site. Clerk/ Cllr G Heptinstall. Ongoing add to the next agenda.

k. To receive an update on the Hollow gate speed Limit .Cllr White updated the meeting on the progress. Considered was to reduce the speed, South Yorkshire Police supported this, however it is costly to reduce the speed limits. Considered was VMS warning signs with possible funding sources considered.

 

025/02/17. To receive information relating to the retention of council publications

There is no cost for this service; the Parish magazine would be edible under the scheme. A copy would need to be sent to the legal deposits department in Wetherby after every publication. It was resolved not to add the Parish Magazine to the British.

 

 026/02/17. To receive an update on action relating to the condition of the footpaths in the Parish.

The clerk updated the meeting regarding a request to DMBC for a progress report on the maintenance of the footpaths in the Parish. Further investigation is required and will be added to the next agenda.

 

27/02/17. To consider action required for the Village Green and agree action.

Cllr Roper raised concerns about ivy on the village Green, Cllr T Heptinstall to contact gardener to complete work.

 

28/02/17. To consider and approve training costs (Costs in Payment schedule)

The clerk presented information relating to training, allotment training for the Clerk at a cost of £57.50 divided in two with other employer also contributing.

SLCC payment, this payment is divided by three and is the registration fee for the Clerk’s CiLCA training. This cost has come earlier as the system for presenting work has changed to electronic verification and this is now completed on each unit, rather than at the end when the registration fee would have previously been charged when the portfolio was completed.

It was resolved to approve the training costs for the Clerk of £140.83.

 

29/02/17. To receive information relating Business rates on Cemeteries.

The Clerk informed the meeting of investigations regarding business rates on cemeteries. Contact was made with the previous Clerk and he thought it was exempt as it was non profit making.

All agreed to no further action.

 

30/02/17. To consider and decide upon the following planning applications:

It was noted there were no new applications to consider.

 

31/02/17. To receive the following planning decisions/information.

a-16/02973/FUL-Proposed erection of new residential dwelling to the rear of 68,

        Doncaster Road.68, Doncaster Road Harlington. Awaiting Decision

b-16/03029/FUL-Erection of extension to the attached garage.2, The Poplars Barnburgh.

 Planning Permission Granted

c-16/03042/FUL-Extensions and alterations including first floor extension to side, oak framed porch to front, oak framed garden shelter to rear, replacement garage door, creation of stone planter to front and alterations to external openings(part retrospective)

10, Doncaster Road, Barnburgh. Awaiting Decision

d-16/03096/FUL-Formation of loft conversion incorporating dormer windows to front, extension to porch, reduction in size of the front windows,bi fold doors to rear and pitched roof to the garage.19, Church lane, Harlington. Awaiting Decision.

 

32/02/17.To consider matters as requested by Councillors

a–To consider installation of a dog bin at the end of Doncaster Road/Furlong Road.Cllr White informed the meeting that there has been dog fouling bags left in the bus shelter, it was raised that it could be Barnsley Councils responsibility.Cllr G Heptinstall to approach DMBC about a bin.

b-To receive information relating to the dog bins in the Parish. Cllr White raised that the bins were overflow now been actioned by DMBC.

c-To receive information relating to the Coach and Horses security.Cllr Roper raised concerns regarding security, litter and crimes in the dark car park. Cllr Roper had contacted the management company, they informed the PC that the building is alarmed. It was raised whether the Parish Council could support the litter situation and approach the litter picking group to work around the building on their next pick. Clerk to report to NPT to carry out regular patrols in the area.

d-To report on the visit to Waste treatment facility.Cllr T Heptinstall informed the meeting of their recent visit. It was raised at the visit that recycling litter often comes out of the vehicles when collecting in the Parish.

 

33/02/17. Financial Matters

a.To approve the following accounts for payment

 

 

Cheques/electronic  Authorised Payments

 

Cheque number/

Electronic payment

Payee

Amount

VAT

1.

Clerks Salary

Bp

Julia Talbot

£589.84

 

2.

Clerks Expenses

Bp

Julia Talbot

£67.37

 

3.

Gardener/handy man/salary

Bp

 

£286.60

 

4.

PAYE

Cq 101428

HMRC

£15.40

 

5.

SYPA

Cq 101429

SYPA

£212.82

 

6.

Skip for Burial

Cq101430

J.Edwards

£80.00

£13.33

7.

Allotment training

Cq101431

YLCA

£57.50

 

8.*

Litter picking equipment

Cq101432

Robert Acton product developments

£468.00

£78.00

9.

Recreation Ground rent

Cq101433

Savills (UK)

£2,254.00

 

10.

CiLCA Training registration fee.

Cq101434

SLCC

£83.33

 

11.

Water rates/allotments

Cq101435

Yorkshire water

59.90

 

12.

Local Council explained book

Cq101436

NALC

£19.99

 

13.

Grapevine production

BP

R.Graham

£60.00

 

14

Repairs to porta cabin

Cq101437

Manor farm engineering

£420.00

£70.00

 

Electric

DD

Scottish Power.

 

£23.00

 

 

Total Payments for February   2017

 

 

 

£4,697.75

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

·        It was noted that Cheque number 101437 to be held until Cllr Llewellyn returns.

 

a.To receive a bank reconciliation and budget comparison to 31th January 2017

Bank Reconciliation

Balances brought forward from 31th January 2017

 

 Community Account                               £73,436.81

                              Total payments           £2,108.45                                                                                                     

                             Total   Receipts           £ 0.00                                                                                    

                              New Total B/f           £71,328.36

Total Payments February  2017       -  £4,697.7

Unpresented cheques        - £60.00

Account Totals

 

Community Account                            £71,328.36

Deposit account/reserves                     £ 13,998.77                                            

Carnival account                                  £ 1,712.52    

 Total                                                   £87,039.43

 

34/02/17. To consider the following new correspondence received and decide action where necessary.

The Clerk presented correspondence received in addition information, forwarded to all Parish Councillors prior to the meeting.

 

35/02/17. To propose any matters for inclusion on the agenda of the next meeting and agree deadline for notifying Clerk of additional items.

It was noted to add Casual Vacancies and Joint rural Parishes Committee to update the meeting.

The deadline for agenda items from Councillors is 2nd march 2017.

 

36/02/17. To confirm the date of the next meeting as Wednesday 8th March 2017

at 7.00 pm.

 

Meeting End:-9.00pm.