Barnburgh & Harlington Parish Council

 

Minutes of the Parish Council meeting held on the Wednesday 11th Janaury 2017, in the Village Hall, Barnburgh.

 

Present Councillors- T. Heptinstall (Chair), J. Llewellyn, G. Heptinstall, C.White,

 

 

Parish Clerk- J Talbot

Ward Councillors-0

Members of the Public-2

Public participation

Two members of the public attended the meeting; details of this are added to the meeting Pack.

 

001/01/17-Chairman’s reminder of the Council’s expectations for the audio or visual recording of the meeting.

 

002/01/17 - Apologies for absence

Cllr Richards, Cllr Roper.

Reasons for absence accepted by the Parish Council

 

003/01/17– Declarations of pecuniary, non-pecuniary, personal and prejudicial interest Cllr Llewellyn. Members of the Barnburgh and Harlington Community Leisure Association.

Cllr White-Member of the Joint Rural Parishes Committee/Hs2 committee.

 

004/01/17 – Exclusions

None were noted

 

005/01/17 – Previous Meeting

The minutes of the meeting held on Wednesday 14th December 2016 were agreed as a true record and duly signed by the Chair. 

 

006/01/17-To receive information on the following ongoing issues and decide further action where necessary:

1.      To receive a report on the obtaining of stencils to mark the pavement along Church lane and agree any action – Cllr T Heptinstall.It was resolved to purchase two stencils at a cost of £95 +VAT.

2.      To receive an update on investigations into obtaining a large sign to put down Mill Lane to warn people against and agree any action Cllr T Heptinstall .Cllr T Heptinstall informed the meeting of contact with DMBC.Cllr White proposed to add to face book for residents to report such matters to the police. A resident attended the meeting to raise concerns on illegal motor vehicles in the Mill Lane area.

      3.   To receive details from the SYP Crime and Incident Report  

           Crime figures for the       month 14/11/2016 – 15/12/2016

 

·        1x Theft of motor vehicle Doncaster road Harlington

·        1x Burglary other (shed or garage) The Avenue Harlington.

·        1x Vehicle Nuisance West Field Lane Barnburgh

3.      To receive an update on the current situation with regard to HS2 and agree any action Cllr White. The Chair thanked Cllr White for her input into the Hs2 meeting on 9th January .Cllr White updated the meeting,Consulation packs were handed out at the meeting and have been placed in shops, pubs and the pharmacy in the Parish. The website has been updated with all the information from the meeting and a link has been added from face book to the notes on the website. This also includes important dates, the meeting with Ed millerband, Cllr White informed the meeting that this was a ticket event and also a sound booth will be added to the Pastures at Mexborough for residents to listen to the noise the Hs2 will generate. Questions raised at the meeting have been sent to the Hs2 engagement manager. Answers will be added to the website and face book. A list of street has been complied for distribution of packs.

4.      To receive any information on investigations into ownership of land behind Cambridge Close and agree any action - Cllr T Heptinstall.No further information to report.

5.      To receive an update on the painting and possible re-siting of water pump and agree any action  Cllr T Heptinstall.The Chair informed the meeting that the weather needs to improve to paint the water pump. Ongoing.

6.      Restoration of Recreation Ground - Clerk

6.1-To receive an update on the recreation ground project and agree action required

            Work is due to commence 16th January, Vica Sl have requested that the

             Parish Council pay Sutcliffe play directly for the play equipment.

            The clerk has received an account application form from Sutcliffe Play to do this.

6.2Agree and approve payment schedule

            Net total -£8856.80

            Vat -£1,771.36

           Total amount £10,628.16

           Total quotation price plus VAT of 97749.94 + Vat = £117299.92 to be paid

           The amount will be taken off the final invoice from VICA SL and the equipment

           will be the property of the Parish Council until.

           It was resolved for the Clerk to complete the application form and pay the

           quote amount when invoiced by Sutcliffe Play.

7.      To receive a progress report on the Cemetery Wall and decide action required -Cllr T Heptinstall/Clerk. Correspondence has been made with resident, all agreed to send the further evidence obtained to the resident. All agreed to check archive minutes and respond accordingly.

8.      To receive information relating to the solicitors and the cemetery deeds-The Clerk informed the meeting that contact has not been made with the named contact to reinstate the cemetery deeds at the Solicitors.

9.      Allotments-Clerk –The farmer has been contacted regarding the boundary to deal with drainage matters on the allotments. To liaise with the Clerk.

9.1-Plot 16 has requested to install a poly tunnel. All agreed to approve the request and the clerk to send a letter to the tenant.

10.  To consider information relating to the Casual vacancy. Clerk. The clerk informed the meeting that there had been no further interest in the vacancy. A possible interest was noted, to be added to website and face book to generate interest.

11.  To receive information about the raffle licence for the carnival committee. 

       Cllr Roper.Cllr Roper was not in attendance to comment.

12.  To consider the area across from the Village Hall on the building site. Clerk/

              Cllr G Heptinstall.The Clerk informed the meeting that planning has

          been informed a planning reference would be required to investigate further.

           Cllr G Heptinstall to investigate further with the builder of the development.

 

07/01/17. To consider the re painting of the telephone box and agree action.

The telephone box requires painting and rust proofing; a retired Parish Councillor has previously carried out maintenance, The Chair to approach prior to obtaining an outside quote for the work.

08/01/17.To receive information relating to the Face book page and action taken.

A resident has been blocked due to concerns on comments made on face book. The matter has been dealt with and all parties involved informed.

Cllr White wished it to be minute that she is to oversee the Barnburgh and Harlington community Face book page with the support of the Clerk when she is away.

Cllr white informed the meeting that the page has 768 followers. There are Posters to be added around and Parish and on social media to inform residents of agenda items actions of the Parish Council.

 

09/01/17.To consider action required for the Village Green and agree action.

Action for the village Green was raised by Cllr Roper, was not in attendance to comment.

 

010/01/17.To receive information on Employment matters.

A meeting to be arranged with the Gardener /Handyman, all agreed for the Chair, Cllr T Heptinstall to ring and arrange.

011/01/17.To consider and decide upon the following planning applications:

·        16/03198/FUL-Erection of single storey side extension.30 Church lane Barnburgh Doncaster DN5 7EZ.

012/01/17.To receive the following planning decisions/information

·        16/02969/FUL-Erection of detached dwelling with garage.Willowdene, Church

           Lane Harlington. Application Approved

·        16/02973/FUL-Proposed erection of new residential dwelling to the rear of 68,

           Doncaster Road.68, Doncaster Road Harlington. Awaiting Decision

·        16/03029/FUL-Erection of extension to the attached garage.2, The Poplars Barnburgh. Awaiting Decision

·        16/03042/FUL-Extensions and alterations including first floor extension to side, oak framed porch to front, oak framed garden shelter to rear, replacement garage door, creation of stone planter to front and alterations to external openings(part retrospective)10, Doncaster Road, Barnburgh. Awaiting Decision

·        16/03096/FUL-Formation of loft conversion incorporating dormer windows to front, extension to porch, reduction in size of the front windows,bi fold doors to rear and pitched roof to the garage.19, Church lane, Harlington. Awaiting Decision.

 

013/01/17-To consider matters as requested by Councillors

13.1-To consider the changing room porta cabin-Cllr Llewellyn. To consider options for the porta cabin at the recreation ground. All agreed to wait until the MUGA project was completed to consider repairs needed and possible move.

13.2- To consider the condition of the footpaths in the Parish. Cllr Llewellyn. A resident has complained about the footpaths in the Parish, with tarmac lifting and in general bad condition. The Clerk to email DMBC highways for a schedule of work for paths and roads on the area.

13.3To consider the electric meter. Cllr Llewellyn. Moving of the meter considered, discussed was to add to the porta cabin if moved. All agree to wait until the MUGA is complete to consider.

 

 

 

014/01/17.Financial matters

To approve payments:-

 

Cheques/electronic  Authorised Payments

 

Cheque number/

Electronic payment

Payee

Amount

VAT

1.

Clerks Salary

Bp

Julia Talbot

£589.84

 

2.

Clerks Expenses

Bp

Julia Talbot

£48.50

 

3.

Gardener/handy man/salary

Bp

George Gill

£286.60

 

4.

PAYE

Cq 101425

HMRC

£15.40

 

5.

SYPA

Cq 101426

SYPA

£212.82

 

6.

Printing Hs2

Cq101427

John Gillespie

£60.00

 

7.

Grounds Maintenance

BP

DMBC

£898.02

£149.67

8.

Cherry trees pruning Church lane

BP

BHF Landscapes LTD

£100.00

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Electric

DD

Scottish Power.

 

£23.00

 

 

Total Payments for January  2017

 

 

 

£2,234.18

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

To receive a bank reconciliation and budget comparison to 31th December 2016.

 

Bank Reconciliation

Balances brought forward from 31th December 2016

 

 Community Account                               £83,780.05

                              Total payments           £10.343.24                                                                                                     

                             Total   Receipts           £ 0.00                                                                                   

                              New Total B/f           £73,436.81

Total Payments January 2017           -  £2,234.18

Unpresented cheques        - £0.00

Account Totals

 

Community Account                            £73,436.81

Deposit account/reserves                     £ 13,998.77                                            

Carnival account                                  £ 1,712.30    

 Total                                                   £89,147.88

 

 

 

 

015/01/17 -To consider and approve the Budget for 2017/18

       a. Set the precept for 2017/18

Considered was the budget for 2017/18, all agreed to no increase to charges for the cemetery and allotment tenants.

It was resolved to set the precept amount at £29,624 including the grant received from the Doncaster MBC.

 

016/01/17 - To consider the following new correspondence received and decide action where necessary.

·        Business rates on cemeteries-Clerk to investigate further and report.

 

017/01/17-To propose any matters for inclusion on the agenda of the next meeting and agree deadline for notifying Clerk of additional items.

·        The deadline for agenda items is 2nd February.

·        Speed limit /Hollow gate

 

018/01/17-To confirm the date of the next meeting and the meeting dates for 2017 as Wednesday 8th February 2017 at 7.00 pm.

 

Meeting end:-9.48pm